During this uneasy time we are continuing to worship and meet together regularly for fellowship and prayer, albeit virtually using the Zoom platform. Our regular Sunday morning time of 10.30am remains consistent with our normal worship, and other meetings are being added to the calendar where possible. For further information about these meetings, please request to join our fellowship's closed Facebook group, or contact our Church Secretary, who will be able to add you to our fellowship's WhatsApp group, or arrange a different way that works for you.
- The Bible - Read the bible online in a 'translation' and language that suits you.
- Bible Project - Videos and overviews for every book of the Bible along with other resources to help you learn the Bible. Videos are also available on YouTube.
- CtS Service Recordings - More are being added as time allows.
- Weekly Sunday services from Rev Dave Perkins (Upper Thames Methodist Circuit). As part of these video services there will be links for you to follow to listen to songs fitting in with what is happening in the service. These will also appear on the Service Recordings page.
- Emmanuel United Reform Church, one of our local Churches, partake in communion during their online services. From June we have begun to join them once a month to share in this. The latest service can be found on their website.
- Methodist Church worship at home sheets (weekly) providing some suggested songs prayers and readings.
- United Reform Church daily devotions.
- Church of England daily prayers.
- Songs of Praise on Sundays at 13.15 on BBC 1. Previous weeks can be found on BBC iPlayer.
Resources for Families
- ROOTS worship at home resources including activity and colouring sheets for all the family.
- Girls Brigade at Home activity sheets.
- Boys Brigade at Home activity sheets.
- Allstars Kids Club - Worship songs, Bible stories and other video content for children. Their website is free, but does require sign up. Alternatively, they can be found on YouTube.
Videos for Children (and Adults Too!)
- The Bible - with many different 'translations', they'll definately be one that works for you. This app also includes studies and reflections whatever your mood. | Android | iOS |
- Bible 2020 Daily Verses - read daily bible readings, recording yourself to be added to the 'video wall', with thousands of others around the world. Further information on the Scottish Bible Society website. | Android | iOS |
- Bible Society - the British and Foreign Bible Society's app includes daily 'lyfe' prayers and reflections. | Android | iOS |
- Bible App for Kids - animated stories from the Bible. | Android | iOS |
- Guardians of Ancora - an interactive game by Scripture Union that explores the Bible. | Android | iOS |
Articles of Interest
A prayer for all those affected by coronavirus
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy.
Sustain and support the anxious,
be with those who care for the sick,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may find comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Church of England
A coronavirus prayer
God our refuge,
we seek your protection.
Protect the vulnerable from illness:
those who are old and frail,
weakened by years and struggle;
those who care for others,
expending energy and love;
those for whom inability to work
means hardship and poverty.
from the greed and suspicion
which snatches at our own security
stock-piling and panic-buying
that deprives others of the necessities of life.
Protect us from the shortsightedness
which sees the germ in our own eyes
and ignores the plagues
of hunger, war and violence
that take so many lives each day.
Protect us from the isolation
that leads to loneliness and despair
denying the interconnectedness
that links us with one another.
God our refuge
in our panic and fear
may we not lose sight of our common humanity
that makes us one people in you. Amen.
John Berry, URC Synod